Updated: Apr 19
The cry we hear from deep in our hearts comes from the wounded child within. Healing this inner-child’s pain is the key to transforming anger, sadness, and fear.
-Thich Nhat Nahn
Humans are revered with an awareness of countless consciousness.
We are endowed with a witnessing part that is compassionate, courageous, creative, confident, curious, calm & clear.
Breathing in as that primordial part that is kind/curious/courageous, we need to soothe the suffering inner-children within who have been bearing the weight of
• ‘It must be me’ – inner-child sobbing uncontrollably
• ‘I am not enough’ – heartbroken inner-child wailing for being less
• ’I’m worthless’ – desolate & lonely inner-child
• ‘I am not good enough’ – ashamed inner-child
• ‘I’m defective’ – hiding face with shame
• ‘I’m bad’ – angry & disdainful inner-child
• ‘I’m undeserving’ – feeling fake from inside inner-child
• 'Something is wrong with me' – sad, tearful, depressed inner-child
• 'I'm not lovable' – sad, fearful & lonely inner-child
• ‘I’m a mistake’ – cussing/stomping/angry inner-child
• ‘I don’t like me’ – inner-child carrying self-hatred
• ‘I don’t matter/belong’ – rootless inner-child
...& so on.
Whatever pain we put up with is exclusively ours, irrelevant of its source.
It has awakened only to be accepted by our healing heart.
It is a sacred & secret bond between our inner-adult & inner-child that needs to be honoured with complete care.
Can we hold it gently with undivided attention, without letting the mind-musing give it a match?
We need to embrace our inner suffering with unconditional love – our naive nature.
Would you (as inner-mother) hold the grieving inner-child close to your heart & say -
…shhh it's ok sweetheart, I am here for you NOW.
Rather than running away/pushing back/blaming others/numbing down/withdrawing from it, all we need is sweeping surrender to sorrow & let it roll down our cheeks.
For salvation, suffering needs to be suffered solely by us.